October Retreat Blog Address Archive
WordPress Tutorial in 10 Steps:
- Go to WordPress.com
- Click Create a Blog at the bottom center of the page.
- Click Get Started
- Next, select a theme (this is the look of your blog). It can always be changed.
- Then, Enter a Domain. This will be the name of your blog.
- You have the option of paying $18.00 per year to get rid of the WordPress in your web address. It’s best to start with the free version. You can always pay for your domain name later.
- Enter an email address you check often–this is required to register your blog.
- Login to the email you provided. Follow the directions in the WordPress email to activate your blog.
- Now you can see your blog. It will be mostly blank, but may contain a model post.
- You can now customize your blog. The title will appear at the top of your page with the tagline. I like to use a favorite quote for the tagline. See the video below for more in depth customization.
Here’s a quick video that sums up the above steps & provides a more thorough overview of the process, including how to title your blog, create a tagline, change your about page, and much more.